Saturday, June 27, 2015

Returning home....

My honest goal was to post a little something, everyday, about my daily experiences in Paris.
That did not happen, 
and let me tell you why.

First typing on a iPhone is not the most efficient way to uphold a blog.  Perhaps others feel differently but for me, it was not something I enjoyed.

Second, I really wasn't in the "mode".  I have this amazing switch in which I can turn off academic-teacher-me to just me.  I think the switch turned off as I sat and enjoyed a cup of coffee sitting peacefully on the balcony of our little apartment that we called home for nine days.
And, you know what....it was GREAT!
Prior to leaving, I read a wonderful article regarding the homework assigned to students by an Italian teacher.  The article unconsciously stuck with me because as the days of Parisian life set in, the days of the 'art teacher in Paris' set out.  
I also took the wise words of a wise friend, "just be present".  
So, I set aside all ideas of being an art teacher in Paris and enthusiastically resided to just being me, enjoying a much needed adventure with my husband.
Three, although I do think 2 was reason enough (but I digress), I found capturing the wonder of where I was really hard.  I can post pictures of all the grand cathedrals, the sparkling Eiffel Tower, and the snapshots of monumental artworks but I would not be able to offer the magic that lies when sensing Notre Dame, the Louvre, Sacre Couer, the Eiffel Tower, or just the cobble stone street where I found the most perfect and delicious madeleines.

So, I will slowly use my dimmer switch to , gradually turn my "mode" on, and share all my wonderful adventures in Paris.
For now, I will continue to be "present" and keep the switch off.


 Click below to follow on Instagram 
xo, an art teacher in Paris



No comments:

Post a Comment